Customer Service Representative
Famous Products is a market leader in retail BBQ foods sold under the Famous Dave’s Brand. We have a reputation as a trusted and reliable supplier with high levels of customer service. Our vision is to grow into the leading retail BBQ foods company by focusing on Pitmaster-inspired BBQ experiences at home. We strive to help everyone “Be Famous” in their own home or backyard.
Famous Products operates by a core set of values which all employees must demonstrate:
We’re Courageous – We’re Passionate – We Make It Happen – We Do the Right Thing – We Win Together
Our Customer Service Representative focuses on all aspects of customer satisfaction. You will provide outstanding customer service by following customer service procedures and facilitating high levels of on-time and in-full customer service satisfaction goals. You will be responsible for providing excellent customer care and maintaining strong professional customer relationships via the phone and other media methods. Your positive, can-do attitude will foster strong relationships with our customers, consumers and third-party suppliers. You will find unique and positive ways to deal with customer and consumer issues and complaints, and proactively work with cross-functional team members to ensure we fully meet customer expectations.
This position is based in Eden Prairie, MN.
- Acts as first point of contact for customers and interacts with customers and consumers to resolve issues in a friendly, professional manner
- Processes orders in a timely fashion to meet all deadlines, while applying quality control processes to customer orders to proactively identify and manage customer order issues
- Reviews order delivery deadlines to ensure warehouse and logistics partner appointment dates are scheduled for on-time delivery
- Communicate changes in customer delivery schedules and routing, including order deadline and delivery status
- Utilizes Microsoft Dynamics to accurately and efficiently process Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and other orders, verifying accuracy of order SKU’s and prices by reconciling against customer promotional schedule and master customer agreements
- Assumes responsibility for the accurate entry of customer orders received by phone, fax, electronically (EDI) and by email
- Fields and follows up on product questions and inquiries, and maintains product FAQ database.
- Complete related records, reports, and documentation
- Enhances and develops the company’s Customer Service approach, processes, and procedures to provide superior customer care, supporting the company’s desired customer experience
- Courteously and promptly resolves customer questions and problems or properly refers them to appropriate personnel
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional working relations with customers and coworkers
- Operates as part of a collaborative team, providing backup to other team members as needed.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems
- Performs other job duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years customer service experience or other related business experience
- Industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of company products or ability to obtain knowledge within 30 days of hire
- Proficiency in the complete Microsoft Suite of tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics or other ERP software is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good judgment and critical thinking abilities
- Uses initiative and independent judgment to resolve issues and ambiguities
- Flexible with the ability to adjust to change
- Ability to multi-task to complete projects with multiple deadlines in an accurate and timely manner
- Commitment to modeling Company Values
- Consumer Goods