You will need:
3 pounds - Beef Stew Meat
Famous Dave’s Steak and Burger seasoning
1 each - Onion, julienne
3 cloves - Garlic, chopped
1/4 cup - Ancho Chili Powder (Or Standard Chili Powder)
(This can be found in most Grocery stores in Hispanic aisle)
1 tablespoon - Cumin, powder
2 teaspoons - Oregano
1/4 teaspoon - Dill Weed
2 each - Chipotle, chopped or Fresh jalapeno, minced
12 ounces - Beer, dark
1 - 46 oz can - V8 juice
1 cup - Famous Dave’s Bloody Mary Mix
To taste - Salt and Pepper
- Add peanut oil to stockpot and heat till smoking. Season stew meat with Famous Dave’s steak and burger seasoning. Add to pot and brown until a crust forms on meat. Remove meat from pot and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté on medium heat till onions are translucent. Return meat to pot.
- Add Chili powder, cumin, oregano, dill weed and chipotle. Cook for 1 minute. Add beer and reduce till almost dry.
- Add V8 juice and Famous Dave’s Bloody Mary mix. Reduce heat medium – low and simmer for 1 – 11/2 hours or until meat is tender. Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- I like to top with Queso fresco, sour cream, chopped onion and slice of Avocado