RecipeBraised Brisket with Texas Pit
Famous Products Beef Marinate and our Steak and Burger seasoning brings bold flavors to this delicious and fall apart tender Braised Brisket with Texas Pit.Serves 4
5 – 6 Pounds Beef Brisket, Lean Flat Only
1 Cup Famous Dave’s Beef Marinade
2 Tablespoons Famous Dave’s Steak And Burger Seasoning
2 Each Onions, Peeled and Cut Into Strips
6 Cloves Garlic, Whole Cloves
2 Cups Red Wine
2 Cups Beef Stock
1 Bottle Famous Dave’s Texas Pit
- Place brisket in a Ziploc bag. Pour Famous Dave’s Beef Marinate over top. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Pull brisket from bag and wipe off any excess marinate. Discard bag and marinate.
- Season both sides of brisket with Famous Dave’s Steak and Burger seasoning.
- Pre – heat oven to 300 degrees. Heat heavy bottom roasting pan on medium heat with 3 tbls of olive oil. Add brisket and brown both sides until a crust forms. Remove brisket and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic to pan and brown, stirring frequently.
- Add red wine and scrape bottom of pan to reduce any yummy bits. Reduce wine by half.
- Add brisket back into pan placing over onions and garlic. Pour in beef stock and bring to a boil. Cover pan with lid or foil.
- Place in oven and roast for 2 hours.
- Remove brisket from oven, and skim off any fat that has formed on top. Stir in Famous Dave’s Texas Pit and recover and place back into oven for additional 45 minutes to 1 hour or until fork tender.
- Remove brisket from pan and slice across grain into ¼” slices. Spoon sauce over and serve.