RecipeBraised Country Style Pork Ribs with Hot & Sassy Gravy
This recipe calls for 10 ounces of beer; therefore, you must drink 2 ounces while cooking.Serves 4
3 # Country Style Pork Ribs
2 Tablespoons Famous Dave’s Rib Rub
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Cup Onion Cut In 1″ Square
1/2 Cup Onion, 1/2″ Dice
1/2 Cup Celery, 1/2″ Dice
1 Whole Poblano Pepper Diced In 1/2″ Chunks
3 Cloves Garlic
10 Ounces Beer
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Famous Dave’s Hot & Sassy BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 f
- Get a pan large enough to hold all the ribs in a single flat layer. and heat over a medium flame.
- Add oil, and sear country ribs on both sides, about 2 minutes, remove meat and set aside.
- Add vegetables and garlic and sweat until vegetables are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with beer and scrape up the browned bits. Add Famous Dave’s Hot and Sassy BBQ sauce and water and stir. Add ribs in one layer.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and put into the oven for about 45-50 minutes, until meat is very tender.
- Remove ribs from sauce. Strain sauce from vegetables. Reserve vegetables, season. Degrease sauce.
- Serve ribs topped with sauce and some vegetables on the side. Goes great with a steaming hot mound of corn grits. Or a good vinegary coleslaw.