Effective Date: July 19, 2021
What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
We collect personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) from you when you voluntarily provide it to us through a number of features/activities available on our Websites. For instance, we may collect Personal Information when you:
- register for a contest or other promotion;
- register as a user of our site;
- register to receive coupons or recipes through our site;
- join a club through our site;
- participate in a recipe review, survey, a consumer research panel, or similar type of activity;
- ask to receive online information such as recipes, newsletters or material from us;
- participate in our tell-a-friend option;
- apply for a job with us or one of our affiliates; or
- otherwise participate in features of our Websites that ask for personal information.
The personal information that we collect may include your:
- phone number;
- email address;
- date of birth;
- your work experience;
- your education information; and
- any other information that might be used to identify you by another person.
We will use this personal information for the purposes for which it was provided/collected and to:
- communicate with you regarding our products, services, promotions and news releases;
- provide you with information that you request;
- improve our product and service offerings;
- consider your job application and communicate with you about your job application;
- administer a contest, promotion, survey, market research, focus group or other feature to provide you with the relevant products and services;
- analyze visits to our Websites and learn about the interests of our visitors on a personal level to better understand their interests and needs;
- facilitate your transactions; and
There are additional disclosures for California residents in the California Privacy Rights section below.
For our record keeping purposes, we may retain certain Personal Information that you submit in conjunction with commercial transactions.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, you have the opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving emails from us via the “unsubscribe” link in the emails we send or by contacting us at https://www.famousbbq.com/contact-us.
How do we collect and share personal information?
We employ other companies, including, without limitation, certain of our affiliates and subsidiaries and people to perform tasks on our behalf (“Agents”). We may need to share, and may transfer, your information with them in order to provide products or Services to you (for example, general contests, email campaigns and similar marketing events). Other types of Agents with which we may share Personal Information include organizations providing services to support Post functions, such as contest and campaign data analysis. Certain other Agents collect Personal Information on our behalf. For example, we use Agents for our career portal.
At times we may share your Personal Information with joint promotion partners who are responsible for fulfilling elements of a promotion. Any promotion partner is required to only use your Personal Information for the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
We also reserve the right to share information within the family of companies owned by our parent company Famous Dave’s, Inc. This includes sharing information with our affiliates for purposes such as consumer research.
In addition to disclosures described above, we may disclose or transfer Personal Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, spin-off, sale of company assets, product lines or divisions, any financing or any similar transaction. We may also disclose Personal Information to prevent damage or harm to us, our Services or any person or property, if we believe that disclosure is required by law (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), or in response to a lawful request by public authorities. Further, we reserve the right to use your Personal Information to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property.
Famous Products does not sell or share the Personal Information it collects from you to any unrelated third parties (who are not Agents) so that they may send you commercial promotions or unsolicited offers for unrelated products or services. If you would like more information about our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties, please contact us at https://www.famousbbq.com/contact-us.
How do we gather data by automatic means?
Sometimes we and/or our Agents use cookie technology, web beacons, pixels, and similar technologies on our Websites to enhance functionality and navigation for our visitors, and learn about the use and users of our Websites. In doing so, we analyze trends, administer our Websites and gather information about our user base as a whole.
Information tracked through these mechanisms includes, but is not limited to, (1) your IP address, (2) the type of device, web browser and operating system being used, (3) the pages of the Websites you visit, (4) other websites you visited before visiting our Websites, (5) your geographic location, and (6) information about your interaction with our advertisements.
If you wish to disable cookies, refer to your browser help menu to learn how to do so. Please note that if you disable cookies, the Websites may not function as intended and you may not be able to use certain features of the Websites.
Internet tags, graphic tags and similar web beacon type functions allow us to count the number of users who have visited a particular web page or to access certain cookies. We and/or our Agents may use web beacons on our Websites to count users and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Being able to access our cookies allows us to personalize our Websites and improve your experience on our Websites. We and/or our Agents may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted email messages to determine which email messages are opened.
How do we engage in advertising and what are your choices?
What are your communication choices?
You may opt in to receive emails, newsletters or other communications from us. If you wish to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in the emails that we send to you or by contacting us at https://www.famousbbq.com/contact-us.
How do we respond to “Do Not Track” signals?
Links to other websites.
Our Websites may contain links to the websites of our subsidiaries and affiliates and to websites that are owned and operated by third parties. These other websites may have their own privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites owned and operated by any such third parties. Other websites may collect and treat information collected differently.
Accessing and changing your information.
You may confirm our possession of your Personal Information and/or to access, amend or delete any Personal Information we hold about you, stop receiving communications from Famous Products, and prevent any further use of your Personal Information by Famous Products, by contacting us at https://www.famousbbq.com/contact-us. If we are unable to satisfy your request, we will provide you with an explanation as to why such request cannot be honored. Famous Products will respond to reasonable requests in an appropriate timeframe as determined by the respective authority governing the use of the applicable Personal Information.
California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us via email at https://www.famousbbq.com/contact-us or by mail to Famous Products, INC, Attn: Consumer Affairs, PO Box 44487. Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Through our Websites, we collect information that constitutes “personal information” under the California Consumer Privacy Protection Act (the “CCPA”) as we collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device. In particular, our Websites have collected the following categories of personal information from its users (whether directly, indirectly (e.g., by observing your actions on the Websites) or from third parties) within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||YES|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||YES|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||YES|
For the purposes of this Section and our compliance with the CCPA, “personal information” does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified or aggregated consumer information or information specifically excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data or personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Famous Products has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Category D: Commercial information.
- Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
- Category G: Geolocation data.
- Category I: Professional or employment-related information.
- Category J: Non-public education information.
- Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.
We disclosed this personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- email service providers;
- consumer relations providers, including consumer complaint response services;
- employee recruitment service providers;
- our marketing companies, including newsletter, taste test, contest, sweepstakes, and other promotion administrators; and
- legal representation, including with regard to prevention harm to our company, its subsidiaries, our products or services or a person or property (e.g., fraud prevention).
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and how to exercise those rights.
- Access and Data Portability Rights. You have the right to request that we disclose the categories and specific pieces of information we have collected and certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (please see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below for more information), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (please see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below for more information), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us, or our service provider(s), to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his/her free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights. To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us through one of the following:
- By telephone at 952-746-8800
- By email at https://www.famousbbq.com/contact-us
- By mail at Famous Products, LLC, Attn: Consumer Affairs, PO Box 44487. Eden Prairie, MN 55344.
Only you, or a natural person or person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize in writing, or otherwise properly authorize, to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
- Response Timing and Format. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- No Personal Information Sales. We do not sell any personal information that we collect or use.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. For example, we may provide coupons for discounts on our products to people who join our mailing list. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to the value to us of your personal information to us and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
How do we protect personally identifiable information?
Famous Products maintains reasonable and appropriate security measures designed to help protect against loss, misuse, and alteration of Personal Information collected by Famous Products. However, information transmitted on the Internet and/or stored on systems attached to the Internet is not 100% secure. As a result, we do not ensure, warrant or guarantee the security or integrity of such information. We will not be responsible for disclosure of any information due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized acts of third parties.
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
By telephone at 952-746-8800
By email at https://www.famousbbq.com/contact-us
By mail at Famous Products, LLC, Attn: Consumer Affairs, PO Box 44487. Eden Prairie, MN 55344.