RecipeChili Con Carne – Diablo
Famous Dave’s Steak and Burger seasoning with Famous Products Bloody Mary Mix combine to create an unforgettable Chili Con Carne – Diablo for the whole family.Serves 4
3 Pounds Beef Stew Meat
Famous Dave’s Steak and Burger Seasoning
1 Each Onion, Julienne
3 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
1/4 Cup Ancho Chili Powder (Or Standard Chili Powder) (This Can Be Found in Most Grocery Stores in Hispanic Aisle)
1 Tablespoon Cumin, Powder
2 Teaspoons Oregano
1/4 Teaspoon Dill Weed
2 Each Chipotle, Chopped or Fresh Jalapeno, Minced
12 Ounces Beer, Dark
1 46 Oz Can V8 Juice
1 Cup Famous Dave’s Bloody Mary Mix
Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Add peanut oil to stockpot and heat till smoking. Season stew meat with Famous Dave’s steak and burger seasoning. Add to pot and brown until a crust forms on meat. Remove meat from pot and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté on medium heat till onions are translucent. Return meat to pot.
- Add Chili powder, cumin, oregano, dill weed and chipotle. Cook for 1 minute. Add beer and reduce till almost dry.
- Add V8 juice and Famous Dave’s Bloody Mary mix. Reduce heat medium – low and simmer for 1 – 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- I like to top with queso fresco, sour cream, chopped onion and slice of Avocado