RecipeSmoked Dutch Oven Pot Roast
Famous Dave’s Smoked Dutch Oven Pot Roast utilizes Famous Products Beef Marinate and Steak and Burger Seasoning to create a rich and flavorful weeknight dinner.Serves 4
Chuck Roast – 7 Pounds
Famous Dave’s Beef Marinate – 1 Cup
Famous Dave’s Steak and Burger Seasoning – 1 Tsp
Flour – As Needed
Olive Oil – 4 Tablespoons
Garlic, Chopped – 1 Tablespoon
Carrot, Chopped 1/2” – 2 Cups
Onion, Chopped 1/2” – 2 Each
Tomato Paste – 1/4 Cup
Red Wine – 2 Cups
Balsamic Vinegar – 1/4 Cup
Chicken Stock – 2 Cups
Beef Stock – 2 Cups
Bay Leaf – 1 Each
Thyme, Fresh – 3 Sprigs
- Place Chuck Roast in Ziplock bag, pour marinate over top. Seal bag and place in refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- Prepare smoker to 325 degrees. Remove roast from bag and pat dry with paper towels.
- Pre heat Dutch oven on stove w olive oil. Season both sides of roast with Famous Dave’s steak and burger seasoning and dredge each side in flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Sear roast in Dutch oven till brown. Flip over and sear other side till brown. Remove from Dutch oven and set aside.
- Add carrot and onion and sauté till brown and caramelized. Add garlic and cook for additional 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze pan with red wine and balsamic vinegar. Reduce to about 2 Tablespoons, scraping the bottom of the pan as you go.
- Add Roast back to Dutch oven. Add chicken stock, beef stock, bay leaf and thyme. Bring to a boil.
- Cover with lid. Place in smoker for 1 hour. Remove lid and smoke for additional 1 hour or until fork tender. Remove from smoker.