RecipeSmoked Top Round for French Dips
Using Famous Products Beef Marinate and Steak and Burger seasoning, you can create a new family favorite: Smoked Top Round for French Dips.Serves 4
5 – 6 pounds Top Round with Fat Cap
1 Cup Famous Dave’s Beef Marinade
2 Tablespoons Famous Dave’s Steak and Burger Seasoning
Crusty French Hard Rolls, Toasted on Grill
2 Quarts Beef Stock
1/4 Cup Soy sauce
1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- Remove fat cap in one piece if possible. Place in re-sealable plastic bag and refrigerate for later use.
- Place top round large roasting pan and puncture with knife in multiple spots.
- Pour marinade over top and rub in on all surfaces of top round. Let top round sit at room temperature for 30 – 45 minutes.
- While top round is marinating, prepare smoker to 325 – 350 degrees.
- After marinated top round has sat for allotted time, season with steak and burger seasoning. Place reserved fat on top of top round. Insert wooded toothpicks into fat then meat to secure fat to top round.
- Place marinated and seasoned top round in smoker fat side up. Smoke for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or internal temperature reaches 120 – 125 degrees.
- Remove from smoker and let stand for 10 – 15 minutes before slicing.
- Bring beef stock to boil. Add remaining ingredients and bring back to simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Turn down to low and hold warm for French Dips.