RecipeRich & Sassy Holiday Meatball Recipe
Happy Holidays! Here’s what we hope will become a holiday tradition for your family, our favorite meatball recipe, JINGLE BALLS. Our festive family tradition, Jingle Balls, are bursting with tasty holiday happiness. Dip generously in the Jingle Ball Dipping Sauce and savor the spicy/sweet jolt of flavor that only Famous Dave’s can bring!Serves 4
- The ingredients you will need are:
- 1 ½ lbs ground chuck (85% lean in recipe)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3-6 Ritz Crackers, crumbled
- 1/4 cup sweet onion 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced finely
- ¼ cup carrot grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Famous Dave’s Steak and Burger Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Famous Dave’s Rich and Sassy Barbeque Sauce
- For an extra kick, 1 healthy teaspoon each of Famous Dave’s Devil Spit Seasoning, and Famous Dave’s Devil Spit Barbeque Sauce
- JINGLE BALL SAUCE
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 1/8 cup finely diced fresh jalapeno pepper
- 6 ounces apricot preserves
- 5 ounces each of Dave’s Rich and Sassy Barbeque Sauce and Famous Dave’s Devil Spit Barbeque Sauce (this will really put the jingle in your Jingle Balls!).
Let’s get started!
Mix all the ingredients together well. You may simply use your thoroughly cleaned hands to do this. Be careful not to over mix, or else you will end up with tough little Jingle Balls for your holiday treat!
Use your judgement to form the size meatballs that you want. Some folks use a melon baller or ice cream scooper to do this, but again, you may use your hands. Keep in mind, the meatballs will shrink slightly in size while cooking. You are now ready to pop them in a 350° oven for about 40 to 45 minutes.
While the meatballs are cooking, you can make the yummy Jingle Ball Dipping Sauce. It’s super simple to put together. Just combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat until the vegetables are tender. This will really put the jingle in your Jingle Balls!
After about 40 minutes your Jingle Balls are ready to be plated.
Pit Masters Tip
Jingle Balls feature the best ingredients, Famous Dave’s Steak and Burger Seasoning, Famous Dave’s Devil’s Spit Seasoning, Famous Dave’s Rich and Sassy Barbeque Sauce, and Famous Dave’s Devil Spit Barbeque Sauce. You can find these and all Famous Dave’s fantastic sauces and spices and more at famous bbq.com