RecipeSmoked Pork Butt
Famous Dave’s Famous Smoked Pork Butt recipe uses Famous Products Rib Rub seasoning and Brine for Pork to bring a classic BBQ dish to your kitchen and family.Serves 4
1 Pork Butt, Bone In Or Boneless, 5-6 Pounds
1 Quart Brine For Pork (See Brine For Pork Recipe)
¼ Cup Famous Dave’s Rib Rub
- 2 days before you plan to smoke your butt, place butt in 2 gallon Ziplock bag.
- Pour brine over pork butt. Remove air from bag and seal. Refrigerate for 2 days.
- Prepare smoker and bring temperature up to 220 degrees.
- Pull pork butt from brine and rub the whole butt with Famous Dave’s Rib Rub.
- Place in smoker fat cap side up. Smoke for 4 hours. Remove from smoker and wrap in foil.
- Place back into smoker and smoke for additional 3 – 4 hours or until internal temperature is 185 degrees. Pork butt will be fall apart tender at this point. If not continue smoking.
- Pull pork butt and serve with your favorite Famous Dave’s BBQ Sauce.