RecipeHickory Smoked Spareribs
Famous Dave’s Hickory Smoked Spareribs recipe combines the Basic Mop recipe with Famous Products Rib Rub and your favorite BBQ Sauce for a decadent dinner.Serves 4
1 Rack St. Louis Style Spareribs
1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
3 Tablespoons Famous Dave’s Rib Rub
Famous Dave’s BBQ Sauce (As Needed)
Basic Mop (See Basic Mop Recipe Below, As Needed)
- Score membrane side of sparerib with knife and season meat side of sparerib with kosher salt and Famous Dave’s rib rub. Let sit for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile build fire on one side of BBQ grill.
- When coals are ready, place sparerib on opposite side of fire membrane side down. If using a rib rack, place sparerib with fatter side down.
- Cover with lid and place thermometer in top holes of lid. Smoke for 3 – 3.5 hours at 225° – 250° or until tender and approximately 175° at thickest part of rib. At this point you can Mop ribs half way through cooking or not.
- Remove from grill. Spread coals out and add more if needed. When coals are hot, place rib back on membrane side down.
- Char membrane side until bubbling.
- Flip and sauce membrane side with Famous Dave’s BBQ Sauce. When meat side is bubbling flip again and sauce meat side.